Activity Partner Ideas
- Living Room on the Street – just bring chairs and maybe a deck of cards and people will come! There are very few chairs at Open Streets events, and people will welcome a sit-down. Get real fancy if you want with a couch and coffee table.
- Song / Jam Circle – encourage your neighbors to bring out their old song books and trusty trombones to make music together!
- Clothing Swap – set out some tables or blankets for people to bring clothes, jewelry, accessories to leave, take, or trade with their neighbors and event goers
- 4 square tournaments – bring a ball and some chalk and invite neighbors and event goers to participate in the longest game of 4 square the world has ever seen.
- Telephone pictionary – bring some wax paper, sharpies and a table to see what creations your neighbors can make!
- Knitting Circle – bring a few chairs, some unwanted yarn balls, knitting needles and call out the knitters at Open Streets Macon! Skill share and make something neat!
- Trivia tournament – people know some weird things. Find out what.
- Youth Talent Show – chalk off a “stage” and set up some chairs! Have a few of your neighbors sign up before the event, or improv it!
- Hula Hoops and Jump Ropes – so easy and so fun. Love double dutch!
- Yard games (spike ball, corn hole, etc.): These activities are easy to set up if you have them and can lead to hours of endless fun!
- Fitness challenges: Test the physical capabilities of Open Streets attendees with challenges testing their physical abilities. (push-ups, jumping jacks, sprints, distance/height jumping) Having small prizes to give out to sweeten the accomplishment is a great bonus!
- Giving out water/snacks: Food is one sure fire way to make some friends, so why not attract people to your area with it!
- Yoga/dance classes: Does your business or group offer classes, or do you have connections with someone who does? Activities like yoga/Zumba/dancing are big hits and great at getting people up and active!
- Bike obstacle course: We love promoting bike riding at Open Streets, and with just some cones and/or chalk you can make your very own bike obstacle course for people to attempt!
- Reading nook: Bring some chairs, mats or cushions and some books and you can set up a haven for people to relax with a good book.
- Photo booth: Bring some props, maybe even a backdrop, and have a place for people to come and capture memories made at Open Streets
- Pet booth: If your organization works with animals bring them out to Open Streets and give attendees a chance to interact with them!
Ready to sign up to be an Open Streets Macon Activity Partner? Fill out an Activity Partner form here.